Friday, September 9, 2011

I’m watching the seasons change.

I recently came to the conclusion that fall is most definitely my loved season. I was walking outside on a simple and beautiful day taking in my surroundings. I was sitting in the park finishing a book thinking about how the leaves have started to change. There is a new painting of brilliant shades of red, orange and yellow across the sky. There is something to the weather changing bringing in the fresh, cool air that brings a feeling of familiarity. This is a familiarity of traditions and preparation for the months ahead. All of brings great warmth to my heart.

Alison and I babysat for a local believing friend who is a part of a student organization. She was spending time with her team members canning food. It was there way of being more of a family and building unity between them. I loved this!

With all this change of fall and the season blooming before my eyes there is another season of life changing. This week was our first week of teaching English and next week will be our returning to our Russian classes in the University, in other words, our schedules are beginning to fill up. The time of summer and explorations are done and a new busier season is happening. Students are all around us now! The dorms are packed and there is a constant stream of students that walk back and forth from the university and the dorm. We have been handed an almost overwhelming opportunity to engage students and it is amazing to be a part of! Even just later today we get to have time with some of our new students at a local coffee shop. Our English clubs are every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. We teach many different subjects and basically provide a place to practice speaking and creating dialog. Our Russian classes will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We also hope to do fun events every other Friday night with the students we come to know better and better. So there is going to be much to do!

In this season the Father has brought me to a renewing of awe. He is reminding me over and over of His sovereignty, His power, His wisdom and the beauty in that. Not only does he paint using leaves and refresh using the winds but also He engages His creation and He loves. He loves with people, with memories, with His Word. I know He is changing friends, my family, and me. It is breathtaking to acknowledge His glory in that. It brings His people to the only place that makes since, His throne and a complete immersion in Worship. Let us all continue to press into this reality not seen. Press into the truth and dig deep for it I promise, there will be unimaginable treasure to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment